Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Short Break

I took a break today from reading The Land of the Painted Caves to read an F&G (Folded and Gathered - the advance reading version of a picture book) of an upcoming gem. It's called Pig Kahuna by Jennifer Gordon Sattler (due out May 2011).

I have to say I don't know if I was laughing more at the text or the illustrations, but I do know I fell in love with it. Now, I do have to tell you, the book has a surfboard named Dave, so I could be a little biased. But I'm guessing the two other characters, Fergus and Dink, could become household names. Not only are they hilarious, but their inquisitive and creative nature keeps the reader guessing what's next.

My first thought after reading this story of scavenging/treasure-hunting pigs was "We need to order lots of these for the store, because I'm going to be talking about this book quite a bit." Then I secretly hoped one of my nieces or nephews ask me to be a special reader for their class next year. I love it when I have a great book to introduce to the kids (and I can bring some great props to share too).

Well, back to The Land of the Painted Caves. I'll try to check in soon with at least another picture book to talk about.

Keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment