Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's Going on Now

  I'm juggling a lot this week. The children's literature class I teach at a local college is ending it's term, so I have projects to grade. I'm almost always impressed by some of the presentations my students give.
  My boss is back from BEA (which means lots of well-intentioned new ideas).
  And I'm desperately trying to finish Heart of a Samurai. It's the only Newbery I didn't read before this years' announcements.
  Why "desperately"? Because today my advanced reading copy of Land of the Painted Caves arrived. I started reading this adult novel series when I was 17 years old. The plans were for 7 books total, so I was looking forward to each new book.
   I turn 47 this year, so it's been a long time coming. I wonder, in today's market, would publishers have allowed such a thing to happen? I don't know. But I do know, I'm extremely happy J.K. Rowling wrote a little faster than Jean Auel. And now I'm happy the conclusion of this series has arrived.
   If I'm off the grid for a while, you'll know why.
  
Keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment